06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð
    Êã ÔßÑå 0 ãÑÉ Ýí 0 ãÔÇÑßÉ

ãÕØáÍÇÊ ÇäÌáíÒíå ãÚ ÇáÊÑÌãå 2

tie the knot"
    äÞÑå áÊßÈíÑ Ãæ ÊÕÛíÑ ÇáÕæÑÉ æäÞÑÊíä áÚÑÖ ÇáÕæÑÉ Ýí ÕÝÍÉ ãÓÊÞáÉ ÈÍÌãåÇ ÇáØÈíÚí

When two people get married, they "tie the knot." Example: "After dating for five years, we finally decided to tie the knot." When you tie "a" knot you äÞÑå áÊßÈíÑ Ãæ ÊÕÛíÑ ÇáÕæÑÉ æäÞÑÊíä áÚÑÖ ÇáÕæÑÉ Ýí ÕÝÍÉ ãÓÊÞáÉ ÈÍÌãåÇ ÇáØÈíÚíap two pieces of rope around each other in a certain way so that they will not come apart. When you tie "the" knot you make a promise that you will stay together with one person whom you love. Example: "Did you hear about Dan and Jenny? They finally decided to tie the knot." Two people are like two ropes and they get married to tie "the knot" which keeps them together. Example: "So, when are you two going to tie the knot?"
    ÇáÊÑÌãå
    tie the knot"
    ÊÚäì åÐå ÇáÌãáå íÚÞÏ ÚÞÏå
    ÝÚäÏãÇ íÊÒæÌ ÇËäÇä íÚÞÏæä ÚÞÏå æíßæä åÐÇ Ïáíá Úáì Çäåã áä íÊÑßæÇ ÈÚÖ ÇÈÏÇ
    ãËÇá
    "After dating for five years, we finally decided to
    tie the knot."
    ÈÚÏ ÎãÓ ÓäæÇÊ ÒæÇÌ ÞÑÑäÇ Çä äÚÞÏ ÚÞÏå (Çì Çäåã ÞÑÑæÇ Çäåã áä íÊÑßæÇ ÈÚÖåã ÇÈÏÇ
    Çì Çä åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÊÞÇá Ýì Ííä ÇáÊÚÈíÑ Úä Çäß ÊÑíÏ Çä ÊÑÊÈØ ÈÔÎÕ ãÇ ÇÑÊÈÇØ æËíÞ æáä ÊÊÑßå ÇÈÏÇ
    ÚÞÏ ÇáÚÞÏå íßæä ÈÇáÊÝÇÝ ÎíØíä Úáì ÈÚÖåãÇ ÍíË íæÌÏ ÇÚÊÞÇÏ Çäå ÇÐÇ ÚÞÏÊ ÚÞÏå Èíä ÔÎÕä ÈÐáß ÞÑÑæÇ Çäåã ÓæÝ íÑÊÈØæÇ ØæÇá ÚãÑåã æáä íÊÝÑÞæÇ ÇÈÏÇ
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

ÇáÕæÑÉ ÇáÑãÒíÉ ãÇÌÏ ÇáÍÏÇÏí
    äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

ÑÏ: ãÕØáÍÇÊ ÇäÌáíÒíå ãÚ ÇáÊÑÌãå 2

put your best foot forward"

Putting your best foot forward is stepping forward and doing your very best. Example: "This week the division manager will be in town. I want each of you to putting your best foot forward."

To show others (put... forward) your best effort (your best... foot) is putting your best foot forward. Example: "Don't be shy, son. I want you to get out on that field and put your best foot forward!"

You say put your best foot forward to encourage others to try hard and do their best. Example: "If every man puts his best foot forward, we will win this game
    ÇáÊÑÌãå
    put your best foot forward
    ÊÚäì åÐå ÇáÌãáå Çäß ÊÎØæ ááÇãÇã æÊÝÚá ÇÝÖá ãÇ áÏíß
    ãËÇá
    "This week the division manager will be in town. I want each of you to

putting your best foot forward

åÐÇ ÇáÇÓÈæÚ ãÏíÑ ÇáÞÓã ÓæÝ íßæä Ýì ÈáÏÊå ÇÑíÏ ãä ßá ÔÎÕ Ýíßã Çä íÊÎØì ááÇãÇã æíÝÚá ÇÝÖá ãÇ áÏíå
    áßì ÊÙåÑ ÇáÇÝÖá ÝíÌÈ Úáíß ÈÐá ãÌåæÏ æÇä ÊÖÚ äÝÓß Ýì ÇáãßÇä ÇáÕÍíÍ
    ãËÇá
    "Don't be shy, son. I want you to get out on that field and

put your best foot forward!"

íÇ Èäì áÇ ÊåÇÈ åÐÇ ÝÇäÇ ÇÑíÏß Çä ÊÊÑß åÐÇ ÇáãÌÇá æÊÎØæ ÎØæå ááÇãÇã ãä ÇÌá ÇáÇÝÖá
    ÊÞÇá ÇíÖÇ åÐå ÇáÌãáå áÔÌíÚ æÊÍÝíÒ ÇáÇÎÑíä áÇÏÇÁ ÇÝÖá ãÇ áÏíåã
    ãËÇá
    If every man

puts his best foot forward, we will win this game

ÇÐÇ ÝÚá ßá ÑÌá ãäßã ÇÝÖá ãÇ áÏíå ÓæÝ äÝæÒ ÈÇááÚÈå
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

an about face"

You do "an about face" when you begin facing one direction, then you turn completely to face in the opposite direction. Example: "If you ever discover that you are walking down a dangerous street, it is best to do an about face and walk in the other direction." You "do an about face" when you stand facing north, for example, then turn your body in one step until you face south. The term "about face!" is used in the military: The drill sergeant shouts "About face!" and all of the soldiers turn in one step to face the opposite direction. Example: "I want you to do an about face, get back in that bathroom, and brush your teeth!" To do an about face"" is also to change your position on something and take the opposite position
    ÇáÊÑÌãå
    an about face
    ÊÕÝ åÐå ÇáÌãáå Çä ÔÎÕ ãÇ ßÇä íãÔì ÈÇÊÌÇå ãÚíä Ëã ÇáÊÝ ÊãÇãÇ ááÇÊÌÇå ÇáãÚÇßÓ
    ãËÇá
    "If you ever discover that you are walking down a dangerous street, it is best to

do an about face and walk in the other direction."
    ÇÐÇ æÇÌÏÊ Çä åÐÇ ÇáÔÇÑÚ ãÙáã æÈå ãÎÇØÑ ãä ÇáÇÝÖá áß Çä ÊáÊÝ ÊãÇãÇ æÊãÔì Ýì ÇáÇÊÌÇå ÇáÇÎÑ
    Çì Çä åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÚäÏ ÞæáåÇ ÊÝíÏ ÈÇä ÇÊÌÇå ÇáÔÎÕ ÊÛíÑ ÊãÇãÇ Çáì ÇáÚßÓ
    ãËÇá
    The drill sergeant shouts "

About face!" and all of the soldiers turn in one step to face the opposite direction
    åÊÝ ãÓÇÚÏ ÇáÑÞíÈ Ýì ÇáÌäæÏ ÞÇÆáÇ ÇÚßÓ ÇáÇÊÌÇå ÝÇáÊÝæÇ ÌãíÚÇ Ýì ÎØæå æÇÍÏå ááÇÊÌÇå ÇáÚßÓì
    ÊÓÊÎÏã ÇíÖÇ åÐå ÇáÌãáå ááÞæá ÈÇäß ÊÛíÑ ãæÞÝß ãä ãæÖæÚ ãä ÇÊÌÇå Çáì ÇÊÌÇå ÇÎÑ ÝäÞæá
    do an about face
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

when it rains, it pours"

When it rains, it pours describes how after there has been no rain for a long time, it suddenly rains a lot all at once. Example: "It hadn't rained for over two months. Now it has started raining and it has been raining for a week straight." Reply: "When it rains, it pours."
    When it rains, it pours means that once something happens after a long pause, it happens in large amounts. Example: "It looks like everyone in our department is sick again, and all at the same time." Reply: "When it rains, it pours."
    When there is a lot of rain all at once we say that it is pouring. Some people say, It never rains, but it pours; the meaning is the same as When it rains, it pours. Example: "Sometimes we have no customers for two or three hours, then suddenly we get 20 people all at once." Reply: "It never rains, but it pours."
    ÇáÊÑÌãå
    "When it rains, it pours
    ÊÚäì åÐå ÇáÌãáå Çäå ÚäÏãÇ íÈÏÇ ÇáãØÑ ÝÇäåÇ ÊÕÈ ßËíÑÇ
    ÊÕÝ åÐå ÇáÌãáå Çäå ßíÝ ÈÚÏ ãÇ ÇäÞØÚ ÇáãØÑ áÝÊÑå ÇãØÑÊ ÝÌÃå æÈÔÏå
    ãËÇá
    "It hadn't rained for over two months. Now it has started raining and it has been raining for a week straight."
    ÇäåÇ áã ÊãØÑ ãäÐ ÔåÑíä æÇáÇä ÈÏÃÊ ÊãØÑ æáåÇ ÇÓÈæÚ ÇáÇä ÊãØÑãÊæÇÕá
    ÝíÑÏ ÇÍÏÇ ÞÇÆáÇ
    "When it rains, it pours
    ÊÚäì åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÇäåÇ Ííä ÊãØÑ ÝÊÕÈ ÈßËÑå
    ÊÔãá ÇáÌãáå ÇíÖÇ ãÌÇáÇÊ ÚÏå Ýåì ÊÚäì Çä Çì Úãá íÊæÞÝ áÝÊÑå Ííä íÚÇæÏ ãÑå ÇÎÑì íÈÏà ÈßËÑå
    It looks like everyone in our department is sick again, and all at the same time."
    íÈÏæ Çä ßá ÇáÚÇãáíä ãÚäÇ Ýì ÇáÞÓã ÇÕÇÈåã ÇáãÑÖ ãÑå ÇÎÑì æÝì æÞÊ æÇÍÏ
    ÝíÑÏ ÇÍÏÇ ÞÇÆáÇ
    "When it rains, it pours
    ÈãÚäì Çä ÇáÇÔíÇÁ ÊÇÊì ÏÝÚå æÇÍÏå
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

turn over a new leaf"

When you decide to do something different to change your life for the better, you are turning over a new leaf. Example: "This year I've joined a gym and I am exercising every day. I'm turning over a new leaf."
    Turning over a new leaf is like turning over a new page ("leaf") in your life and seeing what is on the other side. Example: "Wow. Look how polite your son has become." Reply: "Yes. We had a big talk with him, and he has really turned over a new leaf."
    You turn over a new leaf when you commit to changing your life for the better. Example: "I'm turning over a new leaf: I've decided to quit smoking
    ÇáÊÑÌãå
    "turn over a new leaf"
    ÊÚäì åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÇÞáÈ ÕÝÍå ÌÏíÏå
    ÊÓÊÎÏã ãËáÇ Ííä íÑíÏ ÇáÔÎÕ Çä íÝÚá ÇÔíÇÁ ÌÏíÏå æãÎÊáÝå áíÛíÑ ÍíÇÊå Ýåæ ÈÐáß íÞáÈ áÕÝÍå ÌÏíÏå
    ãËÇá
    This year I've joined a gym and I am exercising every day. I'mturning over a new leaf."

åÐÇ ÇáÚÇã ÇáÊÍÞÊ ÈÇáÌíã æÇÊãÑä ßá íæã ÇäÇ ÇÈÏÇ ÕÝÍå ÌÏíÏå

ãËÇá ÇÎÑ
    "Wow. Look how polite your son has become
    æÇÇæ ÇÈäß ÇÕÈÍ ãÄÏÈ ÌÏÇ .Ýíßæä ÇáÑÏ

Yes. We had a big talk with him, and he has really turned over a new leaf.
    "äÚã áÞÏ ÊßáãäÇ ßËíÑÇ æÈÏÃäÇ ÕÝÍå ÌÏíÏå

äÓÊÎÏãåÇ ÇíÖÇ ÚäÏãÇ äÑíÏ ÇáÊÚÈíÑ ÈÇääÇ äÑíÏ Çä äÛíÑ ÍíÇÊäÇ ááÇÝÖá
    ãËÇá

turning over a new leaf: I've decided to quit smoking

ÇäÇ ÓÇÈÏà ÕÝÍå ÌÏíÏå æÓæÝ ÇÞáÚ Úä ÇáÊÏÎíä
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

icing on the cake"

When one great thing happens, then another great thing happens on top of it, the second thing is theicing on the cake. Example: "Today I was promoted to head of the department! And they decided to raise my pay!" Answer: "Wow! Icing on the cake!" We all love to eat delicious cake, and sometimes the cake has an extra sweet layer of icing on the top; that is the icing on the cake. Example: "Your wife is beautiful to look at, and she is a wonderful person!" Answer: "True; it's icing on the cake." Example: "We won the case, and they are going to pay our legal expenses." Answer: "That's the icing on the cake." Example: "I've been accepted by the university, and they've offered me a position on the basketball team!" Answer: "That's wonderful! Icing on the cake."

ÇáÊÑÌãå

Icing on the cake
    ÇáÊÑÌãå ÇáÍÑÝíå ÇáËáÌ Úáì Çáßíß
    ÚäÏãÇ íÍÏË ÔíìÁ ãÇ Ëã íáíå ÔíÁ ÇÎÑ ÝÇáÝÚá ÇáÎíÑ äØáÞ Úáíå åÐå ÇáÌãáå
    ãËÇá
    "Today I was promoted to head of the department! And they decided to raise my pay!"
    Çáíæã Êã ÊÑÞíÊì áÑÆÇÓÉ ÇáÞÓã Ëã ÞÑÑæÇ Çä íÑÝÚæÇ ãÑÊÈìÏÝíÑÏ ÇÍÏÇ ÞÇÆáÇ
    Icing on the cakeWow

Çì ÇäåÇ Ìãáå ÊÞÇá ÚäÏ ÌÏæË ÝÚáíä áÔÎÕ ãÇ Ýì æÞÊ æÇÍÏ
    ÇÓÊÎÏãÊ åÐ1å ÇáßáãÇÊ áÊÏá Úáì ãÏì ÇåãíÉ ÇáÝÚáíä ÍíË ÇääÇ ÌãíÚÇ äÍÇ Çßá Çáßíß æÊßæä ÇÍáì æÇÍáì ÇÐÇ æÖÚ ÚáíåÇ ÇíÓ

ÝáåÐÇ äÓÊÎÏã åÐå ÇáÌãáå ááÊÚÈíÑ Úä ÝÚáíä ÍÏËÇ
    ãËÇá
    Your wife is beautiful to look at, and she is a wonderful person!"
    Çä ÒæÌÊß Ìãíáå ÌÏÇ æÇíÖÇ áåÇ ÔÎÕíå ÑÇÆÚå
    ÝíÑÏ ÞÇÆáÇ

"True; it's icing on the cake
    Çì Çäå íÕÏÞ Úáì ßáÇãå Ýåì áíÓÊ Ìãíáå ÝÍÓÈ æáßäåÇ ÇíÖÇ Ðæ ÔÎÕíå ÑÇÆÚå
    ãËÇá ÇÎÑ

I've been accepted by the university, and they've offered me a position on the basketball team!"
    áÞÏ ÞÈáæäì Ýì ÇáÌÇãÚå æÇíÖÇ ÚÑÖæÇ Úáì ãäÕÈ Ýì ÝÑíÞ ßÑÉ ÇáÓáå
    ÝíÑÏ ÇÍÏ ÞÇÆáÇ
    Icing on the cakeThat's wonderful!

åÐÇ ÑÇÆÚ Çì Çäå ÑÇÆÚ Çä íÍÏË áå ÍÏËíä ÌíÏíä æåãÇ Çä íÞÈá ÈÇáÌÇãÚå æÇä íÔÊÑß Ýì ÝÑíÞ ÇáÓáå
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

"biting off more than you can chew"

To take on a responsibility which is too large for you to manage is biting off more than you can chew. Example: "I thought I could finish this report within a month, but I bit off more than I could chew."
    When eating food, you first bite off a piece, then chew it, and swallow it. If you bite off more than you can chew, you have taken a bite so large that you are not able chew it. Example: "I went skiing last weekend and I went down the most difficult hill first. I bit off more than I could chew."
    To bite off more than you can chew is to take on a challenge that is too big for you to accomplish. Example: "I want you to think carefully about how many people you need for this project. Be sure not to bite off more than you can chew."
    ÇáÊÑÌãå
    ÇáãÚäì ÇáÍÑÝì ááÌãáå Çä ÊÇßá ÇßËÑ ããÇ íãßäß ÈáÚå
    åÐå ÇáÍãáå ÊÚäì Çä ÊÊÍãá ãÓÆæáíå ÇßÈÑ ãä ÞÏÑÇÊß ÝäÞæá
    bite off more than you can chew."
    ãËÇá
    I thought I could finish this report within a month, but I
    bit off more than I could chew.
    áÞÏ ÇÚÊÞÏÊ Çäå íãßääì Çä ÇäÌÒ åÐÇ ÇáÊÞÑíÑ ÎáÇá ÔåÑ æáßäì ÇÊÍãá ãÓÆæáíå ÇßÈÑ ãä ÞÏÑÊì.

ÚäÏãÇ äÇßá äÇÎÐ ÞØÚå Çßá äÓÊØíÚ ÇßáåÇ æáßä ÇÐÇ ÇÎÐäÇ ÞØÚå ßÈíÑå ÝáÇ äÓÊØíÚ ÈáÚåÇ
    ÇíÖÇ åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÊæÖÍ Çäå ÇÐÇ ÇÎÐÊ ÚãáÇ ÇßËÑ ãä ÞÏÑÊß áä ÊÓÊíÚ ÇäÌÇÒå
    ãËÇá
    I went skiing last weekend and I went down the most difficult hill. I bit off more than I could chew

áÞÏ ÐåÈí ááÊÒÍáÞ Úáì ÇáÌáíÏ Ýì ÇáÚØáå ÇáÇÎíÑå æáÚÈÊ Úáì ÇßËÑ ÇáÇÑÊÝÇÚÇÊ ÕÚæÈå
    ÝÞÏ ßÇä åÐÇ ÇßËÑ ãä ÞÏÑÊì
    Úäì ÇíÖÇ åÐå ÇáÌãáå Çä ÊÏÎá ÊÍÏì ÇßÈÑ ãäß
    ãËÇá

"I want you to think carefully about how many people you need for this project. Be sure not to bite off more than you can chew."

ÇÑíÏß Çä ÊÚãá ÈÍËÇ Úä ãÏì Çåãíå ÇáãÔÑæÚ ááäÇÓ æáßä ÊÇßÏ ãä Çä åÐÇ áíÓ ßËíÑÇ Úá
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

"one for the road"

"One for the road" is one last thing you do before leaving some place. Example: "Come on, let's play one more game of pool for the road." This saying often expresses having one last drink. Example: "Bartender, I'll have one more drink for the road." Note: "The road" does not necessarily mean that you will drive a car; it just means that you are going to leave the place soon. Example: "Are you sure you won't have one for the road?" Answer: "Sorry, I can't. If I leave now I will just make it on time." To have "one for the road" is to have one more and stay just a little bit longer
    ÇáÊÑÌãå
    ÊÚäì åÐå ÇáÌãáå Çä ÊÝÚá ÔíÁ æÇÍÏ ÇÎíÑÇ ÞÈá Çä ÊÛÇÏÑ ÇáãßÇä
    ãËÇá
    Come on, let's play one more game of pool for the road

åíÇ äáÚÈ ãÑå ÇÎÑì ÇÎíÑå Úáì ÇáÈÍíÑå ÞÈá Çä äÑÍá
    ãËÇá ÇÎÑ
    I'll have one more drink for the road

ÓÇÎÐ ÔÑÇÈ ÇÎÑ ÇÎíÑ ÞÈá Çä ÇÑÍá
    Çì Çä åÐå ÇáÍãáå ÊÝíÏ ÈÇä åÐÇ ÇáÝÚá åæ ÇÎÑ ÝÚá äÞæã Èå ÞÈá ÇáÐåÇÈ
    ßáãå ÇáØÑíÞ åäÇ áÇ ÊÚäì ÈÇáÖÑæÑå ÇáÞíÇÏå Úáì ÇáØÑíÞ æáßäåÇ ÊÚÈÑ Úä Çäå ÈÚÏ åÐÇ ÇáÝÚá ÓæÝ äÛÇÏÑ ÇáãßÇä
    ÇíÖÇ äÓÊÎÏãåÇ ááÚÑÖ Úáì ÔÎÕ ãÇ Çä íÈÞì áÝÊÑå ãËáÇ
    ãËÇá
    Are you sure you won't have one for the road

åá ÇäÊ ãÊÃßÏ ãä Çäß áÇ ÊÑíÏ ÇáÈÞÇÁ áÝÊÑå
    ÇáÑÏ
    Sorry, I can't. If I leave now I will just make it on time
    ÇÓÝ áÇ ÇÓÊØíÚ íÌÈ Çä ÇÑÍá ÇáÇä ÍÊì ÇÕá Ýì ÇáãÚÇÏ ÇáãÙÈæØ

Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

"don't burn your bridges"

Our relationships with others are like bridges that take us from one place to another; when we "burn our bridges" we destroy our relationships and it is difficult to go back. Example: "On his last day on the job he got in a huge fight with his boss." Answer: "Why would he want to go burning his bridges like that? Someday he might want to work there again." "Don't burn your bridges" means that it is important to remember and value the relationships that get you where you are and not damage those relationships. Example: "I wish you hadn't been rude to that man just now; he is very important in this town and you shouldn't go around burning bridges."

ÇáÊÑÌãå
    "don't burn your bridges"
    ÚäÏ Þæá åÐå ÇáÍãáå ÝÇääÇ äÚäì Çäå íæÌÏ ÚáÇÞå ÊÍØãÊ æáÇ íãßä ÇÑÌÇÚåÇ
    æÊã ÇÓÊÎÏÇã ßáãå ÇáßæÈÑì áÇä ÇáßæÈÑì íÇÎÐäÇ ãä ãßÇä Çáì ÇÎÑ æÍÊì äÑÌÚ Çáì ÇáãßÇä ÇáÇæá íÌÈ Çä äÓÊÎÏã ÇáßæÈÑì ãÑå ÇÎÑì æáßä ÇÐÇ ÇáßæÈÑì ÇÍÊÑÞ ÝáÇ íãßä Çä äÑÌå ááãßÇä
    æáÐáß ÝÚäÏ ÞæáåÇ äÚäì Çä ÇáÚáÇÞÇÊ ÇäÞØÚÊ æáÇ íãßä ÇÑÌÇÚåÇ
    ãËÇá
    On his last day on the job he got in a huge fight with his boss.
    Ýì ÇÎÑ íæã áå Ýì ÇáÚãá ÍÏË ÎáÇÝ ßÈíÑ Èíäå æÈíä ÑÆíÓå Ýì ÇáÚãá
    ÝíÑÏ ÇÍÏÇ ÞÇÆáÇ
    "Why would he want to go

burning his bridges like that

áãÇÐÇ ÞØÚ ÚáÇÞÊå ãÚå ÈåÐå ÇáÔßá
    íãßä ÇÓÊÎÏÇã åÐå ÇáÌãáåÇíÖÇ ááÊÚÈíÑ Úä ÇääÇ íÌÈ ÊÐßÑ æÊÞííã ÚáÇÞÇÊäÇ ÌíÏÇÍÊì áÇ äÎÓÑåÇ
    ãËÇá
    "I wish you hadn't been rude to that man just now; he is very important in this town and you shouldn't go around

burning bridges."

ÇÊãäì Çä áÇ Êßæä ÞÇÓì ãÚ åÐÇ ÇáÑÌá Ýåæ ÑÌá ãåã Ýì ÈáÏÊåæíÌÈ Çä áÇ ÊÍØã ÚáÇÞÊß Èå
    Still As years ,,,!

Status
    ÛíÑ ãÊÕá

äÈÜ ÕÇãØÉ ÜÖ
    äÈÖ áãÚ Ýí ÓãÇÁ ÇáÅÔÑÇÝ
    ÊÇÑíÎ ÇáÊÓÌíá
    06 2007
    ÇáÏæáÉ
    ÈÑßäåÇ ÇáåÇÏÆ..!!
    ÇáãÔÇÑßÇÊ
    ÔßÑÇð

"against the clock"

You are working against the clock when you are trying to finish your work within a limited amount of time. Example: "We worked against the clock all day to get that report done by five."

You often compare the time on the clock against how much work you have left to do when you are working against the clock. Example: "We have to finish this report by 8 o'clock tonight, so we're really working against the clock."

The passing of time ("the clock") works against you when you are working against the clock. Example: "Mom, will you have time to help me with my homework today?" Reply: "Sorry, I won't. I'll be working against the clock to finish my presentation."
    ÇáÊÑÌãå
    against the clock
    ÇáãÚäì ÇáÍÑÝì ÚßÓ ÇáÓÇÚå
    ÊÞÇá åÐå ÇáÌãáå ÚäÏãÇ äÍÇæá Çä ääÌÒ Úãá ãÇ Ýì æÞÊ ãÍÏÏ
    ãËÇá
    We worked against the clock all day to get that report done by five

áÞÏ ÚãáäÇ Øæá ÇáæÞÊ Çáíæã ÍÊì ääåì ÇáÊÞÑíÑ ÇáÓÇÚå ÇáÎÇãÓå

ÏÇÆãÇ æäÍä äÚãá ääÙÑ Çáì ÇáÓÇÚå áäÚÑÝ ßã ÇäÌÒäÇ Ýì ßã ãä ÇáæÞÊ æßã íÊÈÞì áß ãä ÇáÚãá
    ãËÇá
    We have to finish this report by 8 o'clock tonight, so we're really working against the clock."

íÌÈ Çä ääÌÒ åÐÇ ÇáÊÞÑíÑÞÈá ÇáËÇãäå æáÐáß äÍä äÚãá ÌãíÚäÇ

ÇÓÊÎÏÇã åÐå ÇáÌãáå íÚäì ÇääÇ ãÑÊÈØíä ÈãæÚÏ ãÍÏÏ æãÑÊÈØíä ÈÇáÓÇÚå ÇáÊì ÊÍÏÏ áäÇ ãÊì ÓääÊåì ãä åÐÇ ÇáÚãá
    ãËÇá ÇÎÑ
    "Mom, will you have time to help me with my homework today?"
    Çãì åá íæÌÏ áÏíß æÞÊ áßì ÊÓÇÚÏíäì Ýì ÇÏÇÁ æÇÌÈì Çáíæã¿
    ÇáÑÏ
    "Sorry, I won't. I'll be workingagainst the clock to finish my presentation."

ÇÓÝ áÇ ÇÓÊØíÚ ÝÇäÇ ÇÚãá ÈÌÏ áÇäåÇÁ Úãáì
    Still As years ,,,!

ÕÝÍÉ 1 ãä 3 123 ÇáÃÎíÑÉÇáÃÎíÑÉ

ãÚáæãÇÊ ÇáãæÖæÚ

ÇáÃÚÖÇÁ ÇáÐíä íÔÇåÏæä åÐÇ ÇáãæÖæÚ

ÇáÐíä íÔÇåÏæä ÇáãæÖæÚ ÇáÂä: 1 (0 ãä ÇáÃÚÖÇÁ æ 1 ÒÇÆÑ)

ÇáãæÇÖíÚ ÇáãÊÔÇÈåå

1. ØÞÇÇÇÞå ÇäÌáíÒíå ÛíííííííííííÑ
    ÈæÇÓØÉ ÔãæÚ áÇÊäØÝìÁ Ýí ÇáãäÊÏì :: ãäÊÏì ÇáãÚÇÌã æÇááÛÇÊ ::
    ãÔÇÑßÇÊ: 3
    ÂÎÑ ãÔÇÑßÉ: 15 -08- 2009, 02:50 AM
  2. ãÕØáÍÇÊ ÇäÌáíÒíå ãÚ ÇáÊÑÌãå 1
    ÈæÇÓØÉ ãÇÌÏ ÇáÍÏÇÏí Ýí ÇáãäÊÏì :: ãäÊÏì ÇáãÚÇÌã æÇááÛÇÊ ::
    ãÔÇÑßÇÊ: 30
    ÂÎÑ ãÔÇÑßÉ: 13 -05- 2009, 08:04 PM
  3. ÞÕíÏå ![ The Greatest Pain in Life ]!<<ãÚ ÇáÊÑÌãå
    ÈæÇÓØÉ ãÇÌÏ ÇáÍÏÇÏí Ýí ÇáãäÊÏì :: ãäÊÏì ÇáãÚÇÌã æÇááÛÇÊ ::
    ãÔÇÑßÇÊ: 2
    ÂÎÑ ãÔÇÑßÉ: 14 -11- 2008, 05:21 AM
  4. Ìãá ÇÚÌÈÊäí ÈÇáÇäÌáíÒí ãÚ ÇáÊÑÌãå ...
    ÈæÇÓØÉ ãÌäæä ÌÇÒÇä Ýí ÇáãäÊÏì :: ÇáãäÊÏì ÇáÚÜÜÜÜÜÜÇã ::
    ãÔÇÑßÇÊ: 3
    ÂÎÑ ãÔÇÑßÉ: 07 -05- 2007, 09:30 AM
  5. áÖÛØ ÇáÇÝáÇã æäÓÎåÇ æÇÏÎÇá ÇáÊÑÌãå æÇáãÒíÏ ãä ÇáÇÚãÇá
    ÈæÇÓØÉ ãäÕæÑÇÈæØÇáÈ Ýí ÇáãäÊÏì :: ãäÊÏì ÇáÏÚã ÇáÝäí æÇáÈÑÇãÌ ÇáãÔÑæÍÉ::
    ãÔÇÑßÇÊ: 6
    ÂÎÑ ãÔÇÑßÉ: 06 -01- 2007, 10:45 AM

ÖæÇÈØ ÇáãÔÇÑßÉ

• áÇ ÊÓÊØíÚ ÅÖÇÝÉ ãæÇÖíÚ ÌÏíÏÉ
  • áÇ ÊÓÊØíÚ ÇáÑÏ Úáì ÇáãæÇÖíÚ
  • áÇ ÊÓÊØíÚ ÅÑÝÇÞ ãáÝÇÊ
  • áÇ ÊÓÊØíÚ ÊÚÏíá ãÔÇÑßÇÊß